The role of the Rep
Information and support
If you are a CIRAS rep, this page is for you. Whether you’re a new rep wanting to find out what’s involved or have been a rep for a while, here we signpost you towards resources and guidance which will help you get the most out of your CIRAS membership.
If you don’t find what you need here or would like to contact the stakeholder manager for your area, please see contact details below. If you’re unsure who that is, contact us on 0203 142 5369 or email@example.com.
Stakeholder Manager North
Stakeholder Manager Central England and Wales
Stakeholder Manager South
What is CIRAS?
CIRAS is an independent, not for profit member organisation which offer a confidential health and safety reporting service across the transport industry in the UK. We also work with our member community to share learning and good practice, in the interests of a safer workplace for all. For more detail on what we do and how we work, see below:
What does a CIRAS rep do?
As the CIRAS rep, you play a key role in determining whether CIRAS is a success in your company.
A CIRAS rep:
- acts as a single point of contact for CIRAS reports
- facilitates good quality responses to reports
- promotes the scheme to staff
- completes a biannual scorecard
- distributes the annual CIRAS staff survey
- shares relevant information with staff e.g. newsletter
- participates in the CIRAS learning community