We are looking for a Reporting Analyst to join our team and play a key role processing confidential reports from external sources regarding concerns related to transport and infrastructure organisations. Following strict procedures for assessing whether the report can be taken, you will interview reporters, acting as liaison between reporter and member organisation to achieve a response which addresses the concern raised. Adopting a person-centred approach, you will encourage dialogue and the provision of information whilst preserving the confidentiality of the reporter. Quantitative and qualitative analysis based on a range of report data collected by CIRAS is also key to this role, identifying associations, trends and patterns in the data for periodic reporting, learning and research projects.
- Process reports in accordance with the defined processes.
- Peer review reports produced by other members of the team.
- Adopt a person-centred approach to communication that encourages open dialogue and provision of the maximum information from reporters, who are usually front-line staff.
- Engage in effective dialogue with member organisations to facilitate timely responses and optimise the quality and value of the report responses. This is usually with Health and Safety Managers, but occasionally more senior Directors.
- Deal effectively with difficult conversations by phone with reporters or members, including diffusing conflict situations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the reporter and integrity of data at all times.
- Respond to data requests from internal and external parties by running queries on the reporting database and interpreting the results.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of a range of report data collected by CIRAS, identifying associations, trends and patterns in the data. This is usually on request and the approach may be defined, but there is some opportunity for initiating and/or designing analytical investigations.
- Contribute analysis to the periodic reporting undertaken by the Reporting and Assurance Manager and to content for shared learning developed by the CIRAS Communications team.
- An Analyst may have the opportunity to contribute to research projects depending on skills and availability.
- Participate in industry road shows, briefings and meetings as required, meeting a range of stakeholders to promote the benefits of CIRAS. Potential involvement in generation of materials for engagement.
- Work collaboratively with the Stakeholder Management team to facilitate proactive engagement from the membership in the reporting process.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of reporting team processes
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline such as psychology or human factors
- Data analysis and presentation capability
- Excellent listening skills
- Effective communication skills to build rapport with members and enable effective responses to reports
- Excellent written communication skills for structuring high quality reports
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders by phone who are distressed or emotional, to achieve a constructive conversation
- A good understanding of current health and safety legislation and practice (desirable)
How to apply
To apply, email your CV and covering letter with subject title 'Job application - Reporting Analyst' to email@example.com.